Jump to Navigation

Land Survey

In accordance with Kansas laws, land surveyors file a corner reference report at the State Archives whenever they are re-surveying one of the original township corners established by the public land surveys of Kansas from the 1850s to the 1880s. These reports are indexed by township, range, and section and a corner grid system. There are also special re-survey records for Indian reserves, reservoirs and rivers that change course.  Land surveyors should direct their requests to the Land Survey Clerk at 785-272-8681 ext. 254 or email kshs.landsurvey@ks.gov

Learn more about land survey in Kansas history.

Search for available reports.

If you are a surveyor, submit a report.

For more information about land surveying in Kansas, see the Kansas Society of Land Surveyors website.